When did you stop using the baby monitor?

We have a video monitor that I still use for my 2 year old. It is extra helpful right now, because I switched her crib to a daybed, so now I'm watching to see when she gets out of bed. I don't foresee myself stopping using it any time soon, because it is so nice to see what she is doing in her room without disturbing her.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Son is 3 1/2 and I just have the regular Fisher Price monitor and still use it for night time & nap time. I think I will be using it for a long time still. I think I may invest in a video monitor soon since this one is on the fritz. Which Video Monitor do you recommend??? Anyone??? Thanks!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i still use mine once in a while, and shes 6..i use it when shes sick and not feeling well..my mom uses it when i work, because i either work at 5am...or work until 10pm..so she uses it to be able to hear her..(me and daughter live downstairs, my parents are upstairs)..mines just a normal one tho...no video or anything..just for noise
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I guess I've never stopped. my son will be 3 in NOv and well, he stopped sleeping through the night once he turned 2 so that's a big reason, and he is in a big boy bed now so I need to hear him if he wakes up - I think I will be fine to let go of it if he even decides to sleep through the night.. please cross your fingers for me.. mommy is TIRED.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I never used one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We stopped using it once we moved to a place where her room was right next to ours, not across the house.
    We went back to it here for a while because once again, her room is across the house. We only used it for a month or so though. She's 5 1/2 now, had just turned 5 when we stopped using it the second time and was about 2 or so when we stopped the first.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We have the Summer brand and I have been using since she was 6 months. It's great and has had a LOT of use.
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• pretty much the day after I plugged that thing in. Didn't need it. I could hear him.
    suekeem

Answer by suekeem at 1:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have a regular digital monitor, but I still use it with my two year old.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010