Did you know a pop-tart can start a fire?

I actually did this myself. It was at work and I forgot to check the temp dial on the toaster. I put the pop-tart in and left to go use the restroom. When I came back to the breakroom the toaster was in the middle of the floor and a co-worker was trying to put the fire out. I guess the icing makes it flammable when the product is past burnt. Scarry stuff huh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• HaHa... I've done that with white bread... But my pop-tarts this morning were flame free!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• coffee creamer is combustable too. the powder kind.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• LOL...thats a sucky way to have to find out :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Had not thought about it, but can see how it could happen..be careful, ladies!!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 1:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• One time, i got the bright idea to put peanut butter on the toast BEFORE i put it in the toaster so it would be all warm & melty...

Flames shot out of the toaster.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I burned my thumb so bad it blistered because I tried to take the pop tart out of the toaster before it had cooled off a little! But I had no idea they can cause a fire! Sounds like an episode from The Office!
    saraehp

Answer by saraehp at 1:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• OH MY Gosh and we eat this stuff? Maybe the sugar is what did it. I will be much more careful in the future!
    Beth497

Answer by Beth497 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ANYTHING food can start a fire. Anything connected to electric can set on fire.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010