Co-ed shower?

My BF and I are planning to throw a co-ed shower to, as greedy as it sounds, have more fo a chance of getting more gifts. Not to mention, all of his friends are more like family to him then anything else. I will not be inviting male friends of mine, but he will be inviting female friends of his...I've met several of the lady friends who all seem nice a respectful, but I know I'll end up feeling uncomfortable, especially if alcohol is involved like we plan. Would this still be a good idea for us? What are your personal opinions on co-ed showers? I'm actually looking forward to having EVERYONE there!

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 1:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think its pretty common now to include the babies father in the baby shower. For our baby shower, we did both sides of our family, and yes men were invited too. We didnt do alchohol though.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I love co-ed showers...typically though the ones I've been to the guys kinda do their own thing and the girl do the games and all that...If you are uncomfortable w/ alcohol, dont serve it...OR maybe limit it to beer and only get enough for maybe 2 per person so noone gets sloshed...GL and co-ed showers are a lot of fun :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• but I know I'll end up feeling uncomfortable, especially if alcohol is involved like we plan

This tells me that alcohol shouldn't be involved. This is a party for the baby and why should MOM feel uncomfortable. I don't see a problem with co-ed showers but I would nix the alcohol. It's a party for baby, not a mixer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I love co-ed showers! Both for babies and for weddings. I think they are a great way to include daddy and your male friends and family. Just make sure that the party/shower is about the baby, and is what YOU want and not you trying to live up to what everyone else wants...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I used to work at a small university and we ALWAYS had co-ed baby showers. They were a lot of fun! However, I would not serve alcohol, especially if you are worried about uncomfortable situations! I doubt that anybody would say anything if you didn't serve alcohol, because alcohol is rarely served at baby showers since the guest of honor (you!) is unable to drink alcohol due to her pregnancy. That would be like having a birthday party for a lactose-intolerant person and serving ice cream cake!
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 1:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Every man I know HATES co-ed showers, but it is a great idea for more presents! I didnt want men at my shower and my DH refused to even be at my MIL's house that entire day!
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I will be having two showers due to living far away from my family. My DH will not be at that one but the one that we are having here he will be at because it is is family and I really dont know all of them and dont want to feel uncomfortable either. So I think it is a good idea but the alcohol maybe not so much. Good luck and congrats on the baby!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• For my shower there were girls and guys, invited by both me and my bf, the shower went great it was really all about me and the baby anyway, nobody even payed attention to the other people.
    Danielle55

Answer by Danielle55 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010