QUESTION!

My friend has a 6.5 month old baby boy in which i take care of while she is at work. We were talking the other day and realize he NEVER cuddles or gets close. Is this normal? I know it sounds wierd but he seems unattached. Also, he is always really tense, like his muscles. She has an appt for him in a few weeks but what do you think?

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm, has this been his whole life? or just recently? I guess there could be something wrong with him, good that she set up an appointment if she feels off about the way he's behaving.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• YOU CAN GET HIM INTO THE DOC. BUT SOME KIDS IT TAKES A WHILE TO BOND. OR MAYBE THAT IS JUST HIS PERSONALITY.
    shorty00207450

Answer by shorty00207450 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• He does have seperation anxiety and reach for those who he knows but know cuddling or intereation. He is breastfed too. This has been how he has been his whole life. Just seems wierd cause my babies were always super cuddly.
    CaityMarie

Comment by CaityMarie (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have a cousin that was like that. It did seem strange..she was the last of 5 kids and was the only one that wasnt a cuddler. She couldnt even stand being wrapped up in a blanket. They started a brush down therapy with her. You use a very soft toothed brush and just rub it on thier bare skin. At first, you do it very little..only as much as they can tolerate. She couldnt stand the sensory of touch on her body. Eventually over time, she got used to it. She was diagnosed with Autism.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Some kid's just aren't cuddlers. My daughter wasn't a big cuddler until she was a toddler and even then, there was far too much to do besides cuddle. Some babies are just busy busy busy. Does he smile in response to you smiling?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• He does smile and squeal!
    CaityMarie

Comment by CaityMarie (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010