"Money Doesn't Buy Happiness"

Who believes this is was written by someone who never had money?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Money does buy happiness on some level...it can't buy you real friends or real love....but it can make your life easier. I don't know who wrote what???
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Money does not buy happiness if you are not happy to begin with it does not matter if you are rich or poor happiness comes from within. Money can only make what you already have better . I believe whoever said this had money and knew.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• the only time dh and i ever fight is when we are not having money trouble. when we have extra we argue and bicker and fight.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well, it depends. My stepdad's family has millionaires there and they are all miserable families, judgemental snobby people who cant see what reality is because they are stuck in their own world with their money, however, if I was to be given tons o money.. it would be different lol!! I at least would like the chance to try and see .lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Good question...Happiness is the road and money is the car that takes us to fullfilment. If you don't know how to drive it it will make you very unhappy!
    BoricuaMom2teen

Answer by BoricuaMom2teen at 1:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It was either said by a poor person who was happy or a rich person who was miserable. It doesn't buy happiness (I'm guessing here, I'm far from rich!), but it can buy things that take away some of the stress which can lead to a happier life. Without the stress of will we make the rent this month, can we take our kid to the doctor, will we be able to afford it, will we have enough groceries for the month, all that, then I think I would feel better.
    I don't know about happier, but I'd be willing to give it a shot!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• More money more problem
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I do, because when you're starting at the bottom with nothing all you can do is move up and gain. however when you're at the top and "Rich" you can only go down!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think it would be more likely to be written by someone who has had a lot of money. Maybe they were really rich, but realized that they still weren't happy. I know some extremely wealthy people (multi millionaires), who aren't happy.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Happiness comes from within
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010