AUTISM?

if your child was diagnosed with autism would you just accept it, get a second opinion or would you do everything in your power as a mom and try to help your child overcome it?

MomInc

Asked by MomInc at 1:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• ALL of the above.!!! and then more if I found it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• All of the above. I would accept it and get a second opinion. Then, I would get them into treatment and major theraputic help to at least help them have better coping skills and communication.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I had a child diagnosed with autism I would do everything in my power to work with it. There are so many road blocks in this life, its how we work with what we have that makes the difference.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would accept it and do what I could to help them function as best they can with it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would get a second opinion. Then accept it, and work through it.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My son was diagnosed with autism at age 3. At first, I was sad, angry, and confused. Once I accepted his diagnosis, I decided to do all I could to help him be as independent as possible, and to raise awareness. He is now almost 12 and doing very well for himself! He has worked very hard these last 9 years, and I couldn't be prouder of him! My son ROCKS!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• All of the above. I have three boys on the spectrum.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• None of the above. I know my sons have autism. I don't accept or reject it. It is just part of who they are. I don't want them to overcome it. I want them to embrace it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• all of the above
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010