Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support modification

So my ss cs case is in California where me and DH still live. However, bm and ss now live in Texas with her new DH. My husband has just come off of active duty with the military and will be filing for unemployment in the next few weeks. He will be making about 1/2 of what he made the last time the support was modified. Last time we did this (about 2 years ago) there was a court date in the county that BM and SS lived in at the time (in Cali). Now I am wondering if we file for a modification where the court date will be. Will she have to come out to California or will we have to go out to Texas (like I said the case is in cali)?

Answer Question

Asked by Lexxy25 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 3 (20 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Unless she transfers the case to TX already then she will have to go to CA.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • the case stays in the county where the child support was set up.

    Answer by togo90210 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
downward cervix??