How do I get rid of all these mosquitoes in my house?

We don't have any standing water in the house or under it. I have checked several times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I was going to tell you about the Mosquito Magnet, but then I found out is was almost 800 dollars.  Yikes!  So, as an alternative I would try some of these tips to rid your yard of the mosquitoes because they are somehow getting into the house.  For indoors, I would try a natural repellent like citronella or neem oil.  This will protect you fro being bitten.  If they don't have anything to feed on, the mosquitoes will die. I think this combination of ridding your yard of the critters and cutting off their food supply indoors should get rid of the ones that are there at the moment and prevent them from further invading your home

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Just get a bug zapper or bug bomb the house when you can get out for the day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• louise2, I do this. I live in TX so my a/c is always on. I do not open windows at all. The only time the door is open is if we are leaving or coming.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We had this problem and couldn't figure out where they are coming from. We live in SC so this time of year our AC is always on. The only time doors are open is if were going in/out.

We started closing our front and back door as soon as it started getting dark (we usually leave them open so we can see out the storm doors). As soon as its dark enough that we have to start turning lights on, we shut ALL blinds and curtains. Make sure your porch lights are off too. Walk around your yard and dump anything that has water in it.

This will keep them from getting close to the house. We found that if we left everything open they would be all over the stomr doors and windows going for the light (along with other bugs). So as soon as we would open the doors they would be in. They were also getting in cracks around doors/windows. By doing the things above we have not had any problems whatsoever.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Shut all your windows and doors leading outside and turn on the A/C. That should get rid if them.

Answer by louise2 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010