How do you get the chlorine smell out of swimsuits?

I have been handwashing our suits in regular laundry detergent, and they still smell like chlorine when they are dry. Any advice?

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 1:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Is this from your personal pool? I don't have an answer to your question, what I was going to say is that we have a saltwater filter and I love it. My hair, skin and suits always feel so good when we get out.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, public pool. I don't have any choice as far as the chemicals that go into it, unfortunately.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Try soaking in vinegar then wash
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Why does it bother you? It is swimming suits, they are going to smell like that.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Um, because I don't like to smell? And because if I can smell it, then that means there's still chemicals in it and I don't want that against our skin any more than necessary.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• not sure, sorry
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I wash in warm water add softner and wash them again, then I dry them and put in a couple dryer sheets. Takes care of the problem.
    douwannadance

Answer by douwannadance at 4:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• you can buy a chlorine remover... it's expensive, but sold at most "sporting good" stores... we use it every week or so, or if we use our suits at a hotel, we rinse them there... then wash with it when we get home.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010