Child Support? how does that work?

can i get it right now being 14 weeks? or do i have to wait until the baby is born? he said if i put him on child support he would fight it, but were not together and who knows whats goin to happen. what if he finds someone new and forgets about the baby?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 1:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most of them will tell you that you need to wait until the baby is born. If you want to file on him go ahead and get the application and fill it out but don't turn it in until the baby is born. If he forgets about his child then that is his loss not yours.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think you need to go to the child support office.

Answer by louise2 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Wait until the child is born. I can tell you are going to be a handful lol. Try to establish a relationship with father and child. That is more important than anything else.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• U have to wait until the baby is born. That was too funny I must add. But when u are 9 months go ahead ahead and apply. If they take about 3 months to get u in court then apply early.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• well ever since i got pregnant he doesnt want to have nuttin to do with me. and the pregnancy was planned. i try to talk to him and he ignores my calls and all my text. i try to go out with him and he says he rather hang with his friends. now all of a sudden he says he doesnt want a baby. ive tried to get along for the babys sake but he not lettin it work for some reason. he broke up with me so im just goin to have to be the best single parent that i can be. i dont care about his money i have my own its just that my family says to put him on child support it woulfnt hurt.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010