Would you be offended?

A lady at my DH's job found out she was having a boy so we gave her all of our baby boy items that our son had outgrown. Bags of baby clothes, the bassinet, toys etc. My DH even brought in the back massager I used during my pregnancy because she said her back hurt My DH asked when she was having her baby shower and she told him she already had it (about a week before). A few other guys his DH department went, so we know it was a co-ed shower. She is the one who made out the guest list, my DH heard her say it. Would you be offended?

PotterMom218

Asked by PotterMom218 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I would.
    saraehp

Answer by saraehp at 1:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No I wouldn't be. Sounds like maybe she got what she wanted out of y'all.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would be
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Are you asking if I'd be offended if she accepted your gifts ontop of already having a baby shower? No.
    I had a baby shower and still accepted donations from people. My showers had like 4 people (long story) .. So I was happy to recieve extra gifts. Anyone will take all they can get for free .. everyone would. You would, and you know you would. Every little bit counts.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My feelings would probably be a little hurt. But honestly, she may not have invited you, because you had already given her a lot, and she did not want you to feel obligated to buy a "gift" and come to the shower. However, i do not see why she would not have invited you all, along with a message that you had already done so much, that she just wanted to see if you all could be present, and was not expecting anything.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We are not offended she took what we gave her, we are offended we did not get the invite to the shower.
    PotterMom218

Comment by PotterMom218 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes, It would bother me. But maybe she thought that she shouldn't invite you both because she felt you already did enough & didn't want you to think you had to give another gift? If that is not the case then she is a creep. She will be needing another round of clothing when your Son grows out of his again but I would give it to someone else or try & sell it on ebay. Did she send a thank you note for the things you gave her? A friend of my DH gave us a bunch of baby things when our DS was born and I called her to thank her personally and bought her a pretty candle & small photo album at the Drug Store as a thank you gift and my DH gave it to her from us. I also sent Thank You notes to everyone that gave gifts because I didn't have a Baby Shower.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Maybe she thought you would feel obligated to buy her something else if you were invited to the shower...
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes I would be, but I am hypersenstive to stuff like that anyway. I would want to take all that stuff you guys gave her back.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 3:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 'Maybe she thought you would feel obligated to buy her something else if you were invited to the shower... '
    nsrush83

What i dont understand is she and my DH talk everyday, why did she not say something to him..'I am having the shower but since you have given me so much I do not expect a gift...'

Also, just before she told my DH she already had the shower, DH told her we have more baby clothes for her. Now she has the nerve to ask for those baby cloths since she is leaving on maturnity leave. Not a chance.
    PotterMom218

Comment by PotterMom218 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010