Why do people have kids they cant afford

I dont understand why people have kids they cant afford. I always see Moms on here talking about having babies and wanting hand-outs. I just dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Kids aren't exactly planned unless you know when you ovulate and you have sex.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Because they're immature and more concerned with their "wants" than what is right.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This--Kids aren't exactly planned unless you know when you ovulate and you have sex.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Jeeze! WHy is it that the "wealthy" seem to feel like they're the only ones entitled to everything? Some people just want a family and if they can't afford children they manage to make it work somehow. I don't see why you have to be financially stable to want a family.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It happens to those who don't plan them, but it happens to those who do, what is wrong with hand outs???

Answer by older at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well, I think that a lot of babies aren't planned, and thank God, a lot of women don't want to have abortions. Not to mention, a LOT of people are fine when they have kids, but on down the road fall on financial hardships. I wouldn't be so judgmental. For all you know, you may be in their shoes one day. I'm fine with my taxes going to mothers who need the help.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Alot of times it is how they were raised..they watched their mom struggle and survive on handouts...well the apple does not fall far from the tree.
    alot of times the pregnancy was not planned...you never really know, each case is different
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I can plan to have babies .. My kids weren't exactly a surprise, because I didn't use protection. If you're using protection you're pretty much garunteed not to have kids. It's not rocket science, people. If you're having kid after kid that you can't afford it's because you're irrisponsible and immature.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

I think you're the immature one. That's kind of a premature statement to make about a group of people you don't even know anything about.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Some people might actually make a decent income, they have kids and then something happens--they lose their job, they get sick, whatever and now they are struggling. Anything can happen.

When we had our son, DH and I were both working, had a steady income. He's now been out of work since last September (aside from a 2 week job he had this year). We didn't foresee that this would happen, so 4 years ago when I got pregnant, I couldn't just say "Oh, well he'll be out of work in 3 years, so I better not have this baby."

I'm planning to start trying for another baby in January, however I will nix those plans entirely if he still isn't working by then. I want another baby, but I'm not crazy.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010