Could you live off the grid?

Could you live off the grid! Meaning: no utility bills only use a generater and none knows where you are at! Also you have a garden to use and a windmill rain barrels to use for your water!

babyboomer1977

Asked by babyboomer1977 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. :-)
    I need my power, my lights, my a/c. :-)
    I could do without some people not knowing where I was, but there are some I couldn't live without.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'd love some of this option and to be able to afford to live some what like that.. But I have cancer and am miserable right now! The Chemo gives me unbearable hot flashes and what not.. So no for me.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I had to, yeah. Anyone could if they HAD to. Question is whether you'd WANT to. Personally, I don't.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i would love to! that is kind of one of our goals when we buy our own place, to be self sustained.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I had to, yes I could. At least we would have less bills.

Answer by louise2 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I could, depending on where I was at. But I wouldn't last all that long. I like a lot of things that I am not capable of providing for myself.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My inlaws do. They built an earthship house out of old tires and dirt.
    They collect and purify rain water for drinking and use in their house. They have solar panels and a propane run generator. They only paid about $120 last year for the propane they used as their solar panels take care of most of their energy needs.
    It is a pretty cool house and it has been interesting seeing the different phases of the building.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If i had the money my husband and i would live off the grid in a heart beat! because we are so tired of paying the bills and being stressed out about them too!
    babyboomer1977

Comment by babyboomer1977 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It isn't some kind of weird house either, it is a totally livable house. Most people wouldn't even know it was off grid. They have all the modern conveniences as other types of houses.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If I had the means, I would.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010