Can you test neg and be pregant?

I have two kids and both times a home test was positive. Could this time be different?

littlefee89

Asked by littlefee89 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes you can!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If your body has not got enough HGC in the urine, then a HPT may not catch it. So yes, you could test neg and be pregnant
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes it can happen
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• most def. if you teset to early and you dont have enough HGC in your body yet also the HPT have dif minimum level catchers I would call it some detect pregnancy at a lower level then others
    peanuts2804

Answer by peanuts2804 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• With our first child it didnt' show up on a home test till I was almost 8 weeks along. I was taking one every other day. THe doc I was seeign at the time wouldn't see me till I tested positive at home (yeah, I switched docs real quick after realizing that wasn't normal lol).

We have a family friend that is 8 months along and she still doesn't get a positive on a home test.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's possible. The amount of hormones in your system is one of the ways that each pregnancy is different.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well I got my "friend" but it only lasted 3 days (way shorter then normal) Won't the HGC be there
    littlefee89

Comment by littlefee89 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You can if your body is not producing enough pregnancy hormone yet. Read the paper that comes with the pregnancy test. It will tell you everything that you need to know.
    Mrs-Mack

Answer by Mrs-Mack at 2:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• yes

Answer by older at 3:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's possible.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010