How long would a 15 year old usually last before going into labor?

Danielle55

Asked by Danielle55 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• God I hope I never know. (I have a 15 yr old daughter)
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't think your age is going to have anything to determine how long or short labor will be. It is what it is. LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There is no reason to expect a 15 year old to go early. Fifteen year old bodies are usually in pretty good shape, unless there is some complication like pre-eclampsia. I'd say 40 weeks, easy. That may not be what you want to hear.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• They can go full term.
    My mom was pregnant with me at 14 and had me on her 15th birthday...I think I was just a few weeks shy from her due date. She had to be induced because she had developed Toximia.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure I totally understand the question. She wouldn't be any different than someone any other age. My dd was 14 when she had my grandson. She was in hard labor for 12 hours before they decided he couldn't come out vaginally so we all agreed that c-section was best for both she and the baby.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think a 15 yr old is physically just as able as a 25 yr old. In some cultures it's quite normal for 15 yr olds to be having babies. So my guess is a 15 yr old should be able to last up to 40 weeks.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The same as any female... it depends on the person. There is no preset way to determine how long labor will last or how fast it will come on unfortunately.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My friend's 15 yr old daughter just had her baby in May. She had her at 40 wks.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• average for a first time mom is 41 weeks. could be anytime though :) probably between 38-42 weeks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The same as any other woman.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010