• In the Spotlight:

is it the right decision for all of us? adult content

If you have been following my questions and posts you know i dnt have a relationship with my mom and she wanted to come up to bring my brother when my gma came well i told her no and she pulled some more crap! she knew he was supposed to come monday so she decided that she wanted him monday well he didnt' go with her nor did he come here. he came tuesday well now she is saying that i cheated on my hubby and i NEVER have and is saying she will tell him i did and he will believe her but haha he won't cause he hates her more than i do and would tell her to stay the hell out of our lives like im doing... I told her i didn't want her to be in my life anymore and told her GOODBYE! i really can't stand her and she was abusive to both my bro and me our whole lives and tried to fill our heads full of BS! my question is did i do the right thing because she will never change not even for her grandson! Im at wits end with her!

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• You did fine but tell DH what she's planning on saying so he can laugh at her.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ITs up to you in the end.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• oh i def will and he wud laugh at her either way cause i live next to MIL so i couldn't get away with it and he knows that she is a compulsive liar and very manipulative to try to get things her way.
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Um.. How can ANYONE tell you if you made the right decision for all of you? Who are we? Family drama is about the largest pain in teh butt there is, for sure, but only you can decided what approach is best for you to deal with it. Do what you need to do, and do it with dignity and respect, and the rest of the world can go hang. Good luck.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 2:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Your mother sounds very immature. I think it is best to stay away from toxic people who only want to hurt you or are malicous in nature.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 2:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Your mother sounds like a very manipulative, immature, toxic person who will do/say anything to get her own way and it sounds like she does not care if her lies or behavior hurts anyone, all she cares about is #1 (herself). It sounds like you have tried to give her chances, and she keeps up with her behaviors and shows no signs of changing. I think you need to put yourself, your husband and child first- and if that means cutting all contact with her, then do it. You do not need her drama and issues contaminating your life.
    Honestly if it were me and my mom was like that I would cut all ties and she would be 'dead' to me I would have nothing more to do with her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If it was right for you and your family , It was the right thing to do. Warn your DD. If she is as manipulting as you say she may find a way to be somewhat convincing....EG..starting a rumour that will get back to your DH. She may handle it in a way that he does not know where it's coming from.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sorry ur going thru this! I don't think you were wrong. Obviously she doesn't have u or ur familys best interest at heart so there isn't a need to continue to let her get under your skin! But I agree u should give ur hubby a heads up so he can laugh at her too! :)
    JKBsMommy

Answer by JKBsMommy at 2:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Just answer "I'm sorry you feel that way" to whatever she says, if you talk to her. I think you are doing the right thing. Focus on your marriage, your son, and your relationship with your mother-in-law.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010