i have a cyst on my left ovary put im feeling sharp pain on my right side...

the doctor found the cyst yesterday during a ruitine u/s and siad it was fine but could it be causing the pain on the other side? it doesnt feel like the round ligament pain i have felt with previous pregnancies. it is a new pain. lower right side and very sharp. it comes and goes but stays for about 10 minutes at a time. or could it be because of my tilted uterus? i am 8.5 weeks pregnant.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 2:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a cyst that caused pain on my other side. I hope you get better.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• cyst could be causing the pain cause it is trying to sustain the pregnancy ( I have had a cyst in this and my last pregnancy) Where exactly is the pain? If it is high up on the right side it could be your gallbladder and if it is lower it could be appendix. If you feel nauseated at all when it hurts or get a fever it could be appendix.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it is really low. too low for appendix....i think.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It could be round ligament pain. I have had a sharp stabbing pain only on the lower left side and it was because the ligaments are inflammed and swollen. I would call the doctor and see what they think
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010