Why is this??

Okay. So I can birth control for free or next to nothing. But I have to pay a big chunk of change for condoms. Now, yes I could go to the clinic and get free condoms, but they aren't Trojans. Trojans are the best, according to my hubby.
Ever wonder why an insurance company will give you free drugs but not any other preventative action? Like....pharmacies could easily give you condoms. Just a thought.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 2:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'll apologize your question has me giggling!!! My grandmother told me BC cost exactly 25 cents. You just have to keep the quarter between your knees. Hope I got a smile..........
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have always paid for BC, so I guess I don't feel that way about other forms.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I will tell you that my now hubby was wearing a trojan now 12 years later I have my dd due to the trojan breaking lol
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Ummm my insurance company doesn't pay for BC....

What's messed up is MOST insurance companies WON'T pay for BC, but they pay for Viagra. They'll pay for man to get an erection, but won't pay for you to prevent pregnancy....
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My insurance does cover condoms... And other OTC drug store items...

But I always buy our condoms through ripnroll - they are super cheap that way... Trojan's are a little pricier, but we always bought the "sample pack" which is 100 condoms for $25 and it has all kinds of brands and types...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You make sense. I've found the trojans are the only ones that don't break.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think b/c birth control pills are by prescription, they are a sure bet, if you take them as prescribed. I had a condom break about 2 yrs ago and Im wayyy too old to have more kids. The guy thought it was funny, but it scared the crap out of me! Nothing funny about a condom breaking. A doctor cant assure that of happening either, so thats why they are not approved by a doctor
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• LMAO Kiss1224. That is great!!
    I can't believe not all insurance companies do not cover birth control. That is just crazy.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010