Question about baby poop...(TMI) adult content

My son has had the runs for about 5 days now. I originally thought it was just teething. He has had no fever and no fussiness. His bottom has gotten all torn up from it (he is having about 10 full diapers of the runs a day which the doc said keep him hydrated and give him the BRAT diet and if it exceeds 7 days bring him in) I am chaning him every time he goes potty, including pee to keep moisture off his butt and wiping him with plain white paper towels that are only wet with water because his wipes hurt him and letting him run around naked for 10-20 mins after every change. So I just changed Poopy #5 only this time it was very small and looked like blood mixed with mucus. I have seen this in kids with colds but not otherwise. I have a doc appt in 2 hours and I saved the diaper for the doc but has anyone else seen this before? Was it something serious?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 2:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• You can use benodite (sp?) clay on his rear. It's a base for face masks and it's in a powder form in the cosmetics section of health food stores. Just use the powder, it'll help keep things dry and pull out the yuckies from his skin. I also use epsom salts in a warm bath, when they first sit down it'll sting just a little but then it's very soothing and pulls all of the acid out of the skin. Really really helps.
    If he's had diarrhea for a few days it most likely has really irratated his intestines and that is most likely where the blood is coming from, of course see a doctor (as you are) to be on the safe side. He could be having an allergic reaction to something he's eating (or your eating if you are still nursing). It could be teething or an infection somewhere. Keep him off of juice until this is cleared up. Loves of water, I'd also stay away from milk.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 2:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• if the blood is red its just from the diarhea tearing up is bottom. keep cream on his bottom and baby powder or corn starch. keep him drinking water and the brat diet really works,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Dr will want to see the color of the blood since it gives an induction where it's coming from. Intestines/rectum?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I meant to say the blood came out of his butt not from the torn skin and the BRAT diet is not working in the least...
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• To help w da rash put butte paste
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• He is allergic to butt paste...
    ABusyBee