WHY do you use Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.?

Sorry if I missed any other social websites! I only use Facebook. I signed up with MySpace but didn't get "into" it and I've never attempted Twitter. I like Facebook as a means of having contact with friends and family "of old" - people I haven't seen in "forever". It's also nice to see the personal side of my social networking (internet) buddies. Why do you use them?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 2:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• too keep in touch with family & friends who live far away. It's like a little window into their life that you'd never see otherwise. Love it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• FB - to keep up with friends & to promote my business
    MySpace, mostly for information sharing and networking just like CafeMom
    Twitter - just for promotion

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Facebook and MySpace were to see family photos. We very rarely check MySpace anymore. I joined Twitter to follow certain celebrities or TV shows but blogs are much more interesting.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I use fb. I have a lot of friends and family that live 1000+ miles away and its the easiest way to keep in touch with them and for them to see pictures of my lil guy
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Same reasons as you. With facebook I get to kind of keep up with family and friends on a daily basis, where-as it would only be a few times a year otherwise.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• To talk to family and friends from school.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i moved allot as a child so i have friends all over the US and in Ireland. I also work 40-60 hours a week on a phone so i hate being on a phone when i'm not at work. Social network and email are my only communication with some people
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Fb and myspace mostly because I suck at calling friends and family. ;-p
    lady_davis

Answer by lady_davis at 2:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Myspace = It used to be a place to meet new people, connect with old friends, and what-not. But now that everyone is soo protective over their profiles you can't meet new people. I only have a select few on there anymore, because now it's my site to complain, rant, and get out frustration. Only the people I truely trust are on there.

Facebook = My family, DH's family, my friends, old school friends, and online friends are on there. It's a place to keep in touch, play some games, cure some boredom, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I use Facebook because it was a great way to reconnect with people from my past that I wouldn't get to see otherwise. I live across the country from everyone I grew up with. Even to keep in touch with my sister, it's great. We're both so busy, we only call each other a few times a year. We can stop by Facebook and take two seconds to see each other's kids' pictures and stuff, though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010