They said what??

We've all heard them...song lyrics that say one thing, but we hear something else. Or you misunderstand something a friend says or misread something. What are some odd ones you've seen/heard?

I'm hard of hearing btw, so I misunderstand a LOT. I will think my DH has said something completely different from what he actually heard. Oh and a little bit ago, I misread something...I saw a banner ad that I thought said "Lick for more hotness," LOL. It was actually "click." It was an Energizer battery ad in case you get any strange ideas. :p

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had this Korean friend, Yung Min, and we had been hanging out one day and he said, "Did you notice there aren't any songs about Asians?" And I said, "Yes there are!" And I began singing, "Secret Asian Maaaa.... Oh." So embarrassing to think for years that song was about a secret asian man until right AFTER the moment I started singing. LOL.

But yes, there are MANY times where I've been dead wrong in my interpretation of things. Haha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• my dh is always looking at me like i'm crazy. he cant hear well at all and there is atleast once a day he hears something completely different.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I thought I saw a sign that said "Big Daddy's Prostitutes" and it said "Big Daddy's Pumpkins"... how I saw 'prostitutes' I'll never figure out, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When my daughter was little, just over a year, around 15 months or so, she had trouble with the letter R.
    Fork came out like f**k :-)
    We were eating somewhere, and she said "I need a fork" because she had dropped hers. Needless to say, it came out like "I need a f**k". We got some horrible looks, and I guess I can get why. It was too funny though. She said fork, it just sounded like something else. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was listening to Chop Suey by System of a Down and I thought they said "falling deerheads, I condemn my spirit." My husband looked at me like I was a big moron and told me what they really said and we had a good laugh, until we went to see Passion of The Christ and at the end, Jesus was saying the words and I was trying so hard not to laugh while people around me were sobbing hysterically. I felt like a big ass. It was one of those "trying not to laugh at the most inappropriate times" for me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• oh yeah--I was only trying not to laugh because of the conversation my husband and I had. Not because I was finding humor in any part of that movie.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• LOL, love 'em!
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010