How do you calculate a 28-day cycle?

I use to be on birth control pills for years, and got off of it a few months ago while hubby was deployed. I wanted to ttc when he got back. My birth control pills were on a 28-day cycle, and I think I'm still on that. I tried to input information on an online ovulation calculator, and it asked what my cycle was. So I put 28 days. But I'm not sure what that means exactly. The last time I started my period was on May 24th or 25th and it ended on May 30th. Today is June 28th and I still haven't gotten my period... if I'm on a 28-day cycles, when should I start my period. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just trying to figure this out. I was so used to the pills Lol!

Silvia1011

Asked by Silvia1011 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My cycles were all out of whack each time I went off BC to TTC. They ranged from 44 days to 29. I found it helpful to chart my temperatures, from that you can see a clear ovulation pattern and after a few cycles you can tell when you're supposed to start your period. The ammount of time from when you start your period til you ovulate can vary each month, but the time from when you ovulate til your period is generally the same each month. Although it can vary by a day or so either way. MOST women don't actually have the typical 28 days cycle when they're not on BC
    jbjo17

Answer by jbjo17 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I think when you get off of the pill, you need to just eliminate the idea of having a 28 day cycle and see what it is for the first few months after getting off of it. Day 1 is the first day of your period. So count from the first day of your last period and that will be this month's cycle to the day before your start your next period. Before I was on the pill, my days were sooo mixed up. In fact, I just got on a new pill in May, and it's messed up. I started a week before I was suppose to and it lasted almost 2 weeks. Your body needs to adjust to the new method you are using, whether it's no pill or a new pill.
    ritzbit

Answer by ritzbit at 9:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• the basic math is half way thru your cycle. So if you are on 28 day cycle you should ovulate around day 14. I would give yourself a little wiggle room and go for TTC day 11-17 to be sure. Of course then if you are a 32 day cycle then around the 16th day, but you get the idea. Hugs!!
    Anonymous

• So Day 1 is the first day of your period. I would start trying from day 9-15. Worked both times for us! Good Luck!
    pinkypie

Answer by pinkypie at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• this info is from WhenMyBaby.com great site check it out
    Your Cycle Calculations Today: Monday Jun 30, 2008
    Last Period Start Date
    Sun May 25, 2008
    Approx. Ovulation Date Sun Jun 8, 2008
    Approx. Next Period Sun Jun 22, 2008
    Your period is 8 days late
    this info was based on a 28 day cycle, but everyone
    can be diff.
    dansebsil

Answer by dansebsil at 1:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2008