If the majority of my clients are students at the local college, should I bother getting an office, or be a mobile business and have meetings....

at coffee shops?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• The service you provide is beneficial to the local college students ~ I would recommend calling the college and seeing if they could suggest a place on campus that you could meet with the students. They have all kinds of meeting rooms, etc. It would be great to be able to do that because you don't have the overhead costs of an office and it is more convenient to the students because you would be meeting on campus! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 3:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would say, what is your business?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You have to tell us what kind of business you have before that can be answered.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• book keeping and taxes
    The meetings are 10minutes long, sign documents, answer a couple questions and give me paper work.
    Then I meet one more time for another 5-10minutes and give them official receipts and the info that they need.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would think that with that kind of work you need privacy - I would get an office; you could even ask the university if they rent them on campus. I wouldn't talk about my finances in a coffee shop, but not everyone may feel that way.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010