I'm at a loss.

I'm unable to get my child to sleep without feeding her to sleep. She's 15 months old, and I've done every method and read books, and it just doesn't work for her. The one method that did work was Ferber, and she went to sleep and slept longer stretches, but as soon as she started teething, she was screaming again, and I couldn't take it! I don't understand how parents get their children to sleep in a crib all night. She literally goes hysterical! I don't know what to do. I don't mind cosleeping, but I would like to be able to stop breastfeeding for naps, and she won't even let me put her down for a nap without screaming. ... Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughters were kinda like that, we just co-slept, for a LONG time :P my oldest didnt' stay in her own bed until she was over 3yo... My son is a WONDERFUL change and still needs ME to go to sleep (in my arms/lap on his boppy) and we kinda co-sleep, he stays in his crib next to my bed, but at least he doesnt still need BF'ing to sleep!
    My only advice would be to try a pacifier or a blankie, something for her to attach to OTHER than you. I know its hard to start that now and she may still need u to stay by her but don't BF if she's not really hungry or she'll just keep associating that with sleeping. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with it, i remember those days :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I always and still do feed them and then put them to bed. My son is a friggin gift from beyond! He eats dinner at the same time as us and then goes to bed when his sisters do at 8 o'clock. Only wakes up to eat like two bottles at night and doesn't even open his eyes to do so... just kind of sleep eats (but is hungry and will not go back to full sleep without food), lol. Then he wakes up around the same time every morning 7:30 to 8. I don't know how I got so lucky!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'll bump you because I have no good advice of my own. My daughter is 4 and has NEVER slept an entire night. EVER.
    So... goo dluck to you. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me!!
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have the same problem with my 13 month old dd.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 4:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010