I guess, where is the coldest place you have ever been?

It gets well below Zero, into the negatives where I live. But I like it. I would love to go up to Canada to Niagara Falls in the winter and see all that ice and snow, think it would be beautiful.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I live in Canada, on the prairies, but the coldest place I've ever been is actually Minot, ND. It was something like -60 with the windchill. It was probably that cold here too because we're only about 3 hours from Minot, but at the time I was in Minot. The thing is, if it's one or two days like that it's bearable, but when you get a couple weeks straight of sub -40 weather, it really sucks! I'd take feet of snow over the extreme cold any day - shoveling keeps you warm!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Minot, North Dakota. We lived there for a year when I was young and I remember it being -20 with the wind chill. Brrrrr.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• North Carolina
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think the coldest place I've been is Chicago in February. MAN that was COLD!!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Canada
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My mother in laws house. You step in the house and the room temperature drops fast (Not because of AC) and same thing happens whenever she enters a room.

Okay real answer Utah in the winter it gets in the single digits.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was going to say Wisconsin cause my sis got married there in winter. But it was actually Santa's Village up in our local mountains. its not there anymore. When we went though, we had to stand outside for about an hour in line to see Santa. We had sneekers on,,My ex held one kiddo and I held the other and I thought I was going to freeze to death that day!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Where I am now- Pennsylvania.
    I don't know the coldest its been since I got here though... I'm a California girl, I shut down below 50.
    As far as I'm concerned, there's just no need for all that "cold" nonsense.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Germany in the mountains. . . otherwise Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula Michigan. Although Indiana gets pretty chilled too.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I live in California soo anywhere that is away from here is cold...I went to michigan one time and seriously thought I was going to freeze to death.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010