DH and Vasectomy

My DH is unemployed right now and has been since I was 5mths pregnant. Yes I have 4 kids already and yes DH is sure he doesnt want anymore kids, granted he was sure he didnt want anymore kids after DS#1 was born- I convinced him to have another one hence DS#2. But Im not sure I wouldnt want more when he finds a job and we could afford to have more. The point of this is: apparently the health dept here does vasectomys based on income and since we have no income currently we wouldnt have to pay for it to be done- just for the semen counts- and she said they didnt charge a lot for that to be done. and he figured that while we have no income would be the best time to get it done since we would be paying the huge deductibles and stuff on it and I dont know what to say to him- do it or wait?! I dont want to do it and be out the option to have more- but if he doesnt do it and we decide later to have it done that a huge expense. WWYD?

mommyto4rugrats

Asked by mommyto4rugrats at 3:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If it were my husband and I. I would have it done.

It rules out any chance of getting preg.so you have peace of mind.

Plus if you wait you might change your mind.

I would do it though .. up to you :)

Good luck. on this one.
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If you aren't sure you are done yet, then don't do anything permanent.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010