how can i help my rose bushes to grow

beautifulwom144

Asked by beautifulwom144 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I wish I could help you. It seems to me that it's impossible to grow them, and impossible to kill them. We tried to cut our rose bushes out. Two weeks later they had grown like crazy, healthy and full. Haha. Sometimes you have to cut plants back to allow them to grow back better.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You need to cut them back. Did you just plant them this year?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 6:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• To get beautiful blooms and healthy plants, roses need a gallon of water a week. Alway water the base of the plants without splashing so that blackspot and other fungus does not splash up onto the plants. Cut flowers at the spot just above the first 5 leaf cluster to promote more blooms. In the spring, add some epsom salts, chopped up banana peels, a little hair and a dash of dry cat food to the soil. In the late fall, cut them back and mound up the mulch to protect them from the winter cold.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i dont have a green thumb, so no help here.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• not sure, but here's a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2010