Any one have a female puppy who gets "frisky"? adult content

We adopted a puppy from the SPCA a few weeks ago, she's currently around 13/14 weeks old and has recently started to 'hump' on our older dog. Said older dog is also a female and ignores the puppy completely.

Is this normal behavior? I know male dogs tend to go at it until neutered but I've never heard of females doing the same.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences!! =)

cassieerin

Asked by cassieerin at 4:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pets

• ya
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• More times than not its not about sex, its about dominance and you need to nip this behavior right away. It can escalate to doing that to humans if not stopped. Every time you see her doing this, say "Out" in a loud and firm voice and stop her from doing it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Our female dachshund occasionally humps the couch pillows. It's so bizarre.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• one of my dogs does this to the other (both female) - it's her trying to establish dominance
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanks so much for the insight, Ladies! I appreciate it! =)
    cassieerin

Comment by cassieerin (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• She's trying to show who's boss. My mom got upset when stayed with us because 3 of our dogs were humping eachother all at the same time and they are all girls.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 9:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a female pug who will be 6 in Aug. She does this when she is around a new dog. It is a dominance thing. Just do what another poster said, and yell out, or down, or no when ever she does it. :)
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010