Does it bother you when someone replies to your question with "Someone already asked this question."?

It bothers me.
Sorry I'm not on 24/7 like you, to know that 47.23658912 hours ago someone asked the same question as me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Someone already asked this question.

;)
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It amuses me, because the only reason someone says that about the kinds of questions I ask is because they lost when it was "already asked".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't be bothered if they added a link to where the answer was. I would only ask a question if I didn't know the answer and "Someone already asked this" doesn't help me.
    cmariemcd

Answer by cmariemcd at 4:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It doesn't bother me but I do think, often it's a failed attempt to politely point out that there is a search function in the answers section and many of the same questions do get asked a lot and have definitive answers already given. I wouldn't take it to heart, there will be other women who don't mind answering questions, even the same ones over again.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• LOL, it is annoying...what also bothers me is when you ask a specific question and the answer is some form of, "I don't know, I don't do whatever if is you are asking about" lol, for example, "How much is a gallon of paint?" Response, "I don't know, we have wallpaper". OK..........so why answer???
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it happened once to me but they dont understand that im not going to reseach my question in the search box to look at the question from 1 year ago cause things can change from a year ago to today. i rather get updated answers and who knows, you might get different ones then the ones that were already listed in the other question
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There are certain questions that get asked to death, such as:

OMG AM I PREGNANT???????
    What kind of pets do you have?
    What would you do with XXX amount of money????
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sometimes the questions are just hours or minutes apart. If a person just looked at the recent question page and even scrolled through pages 1-3 they may find a question already started. Not always, but sometimes. It's because of the "recent" question pages that many often get annoyed with the SAME person posting the SAME question across the various categories. It in a way does flood the recent question pages. I don't think anyone is suggesting that they use a year old question. I think they are just asking for people to take a moment or 2 to look at the most recent questions and a moment or 2 to look at the most asked (common) questions. No need to to any real heavy searching, just take a moment or 2 to look!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010