UGH! brown discharge, light bleeding almost 8 weeks is this NORMAL? please help, thanks mommies.

Ive had light bleeding for 8 days, its mostly brown I took another pregnacy test around weeks(alomost 7 weeks) and still had a very postive test? There is no cramping or heavy blood or blood clots but brown discarge what is this and is this normal please help! I have not contacted my ob yet I was going for my first check up on 10 weeks so i need some advice from other moms, this is my first pregnacy and I'm little lol 5'4 110

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• my doctor said it is i started doing that at 7 weeks and i am now 12 weeks and it stopped about a week ago and the doctor said the baby looks and sounds healthy and in the sonogram the baby was moving ad everything but the doctor said if i keep doing it higher in term i will have to be put on bed rest later ughhh that is the worse thing ever
    bneedham07

Answer by bneedham07 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I had this happen when I was about 8 weeks as well. I asked the doctor and he said that it was just old blood, not bleeding or a period. I still recommend you ask your doctor, just to be safe, but from what I've heard and read, it's fairly normal.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Dark brown discharge is almost always old blood. If your last period didn't... ahem *clean out*... your whole uterus, your body may be shedding the older bllod now. It happens a lot to people who don't get periods regularly. Don't sweat it too much.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 4:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I had bleeding when I first found out i was pregnant. and then every other week after that. It wasnt just light bleeding, man this was heavy as i dont know what. Clots and everything. lasted acouple days, and then it would be gone. And before i know it, it would be back. Everything was fine. Old blood, light bleeding, and no cramps? I think it sounds pretty normal to me! Good luck hun!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 8:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Bleeding is never normal but it is common to still have a healthy pregnancy. I would call the ob and let them know that you are worried. At 8 weeks they should be able to get you in for an u/s. This will give you the piece of mind that it sounds like you need to reduce your fears.
    LorisBaby

Answer by LorisBaby at 9:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2010