anyone ever had a CT scan or kindey stones?

Okay so i went to Urgent Care Sunday thinking i had a bladder infection. So they treated me for one but sent off a urine sample just in case it wasn't one. well they called today to tell me that they want me to go and have a CT scan to see if i have kidnet stones! ahhhh! i hear they are sooo painful! have any of u ever had any? Any of you ever had a CT scan before? What's it like? I'm a little worried about it!

Baileysmommy

Asked by Baileysmommy at 11:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• my husband just found out that he has kidney stones. It is causing him a lot of pain
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had a kidney stone about 12 years ago. I had no idea I had one until I was suddenly in severe pain. Within an hour I was at the ER where they pumped me full of morphine. They did a dye test (not sure what the actuall name is) where they put a dye in my system and then xrayed me every 15 minutes to see where the stone was. Thankfully, I passed it within a few hours.
    I'm sorry to tell you, but yes they are painful. I used to tease men who had them, telling them that they would never survive childbirth if they couldn't pass a little stone without crying. I don't do that anymore! Good luck and if you do have them, I hope they pass quickly.
    Dewdlemom

Answer by Dewdlemom at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've had two ct scans. I was a little panicked about the "dye" they injected, but that was it. It went in via IV. ( I don't like needles/IV's). I didn't feel the dye go in the first time, but the second I could feel it, a warm sensation. Didn't really like laying still for that long, but other than that it wasn't horrible.
    girlfriday7676

Answer by girlfriday7676 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my 17 year old has them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've had kidney stones and they were the second most painful thing I've ever had in my life and childbirth was number 3 on my list if that gives you any idea...... I've also had 2 CT scans and they are nothing to worry about. I had to drink dye and they injected it in my vein just to make sure they could see everything. It kinda made me feel really cold and like I was going to pee my pants. Don't worry about it though. They are quick and painless and you never know you even had dye in you if you get one with contrast.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 8:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Kidney Stones are THE most painful thing I have ever experienced-as a matter of fact-I just had the lithotripsy surgery done about 3 weeks ago. My second time. I truly feel for you and anyone else that has to go through having kidney stones whether it be removal naturally or by surgery. Plain nad simply-they suck. I have been diagnosed as chronic so I know that I'm not done with producing the stones. This last one wound up being the size of a marble-no passing that one!!! The dye is no big deal and the CT scan is very quick and painless-absolutely nothing to worry about as far as they go. Good luck!! Keep us all posted as to how you make out!! If you have any questions-please feel free to email me at keylimecake@aol.com. kris
    keylimecake

Answer by keylimecake at 9:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have chronic kidney stones due to genetics- I pass about 2 a year! Yes, It is painful but CT scans are no big deal. I had surgery for them a few years back which was no fun!
    keeleesmommy

Answer by keeleesmommy at 4:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I feel your pain, I had 4 stones during pregnancy and had to have surgery for all of them. My DR told me to drink lemonaid or lemon water, it helps to soften them, and can keep them at bay. I drink tons of lemonaid (make sure its made from lemons and not artificially flavored) and havent had one sence.
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2008