Has this ever happened to you?

Going in the beach water makes your period go away for about a week or two... It happened to me and i took a preg test thinkin i was preggers, phew thank god I'm not....

MyBabyScar

Asked by MyBabyScar at 4:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• Nooo... that seems odd. I was told (by a diving instructor) that a woman's period will stop or lighten while she's actually IN the water but I've never heard of it stopping altogether and starting again later.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 4:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, that isn't normal. Are you sure your cycle just didn't end? Even if it was early, it couldn've been the change of your cycle and ended. It isn't normal for the period to be stopped by being in water after you've gotten out. However, like the previous post said it can lighten or stop while in the water, but starts up again after you get out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No that sounds not normal.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 4:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• well i didnt have my period but it was due to come down that day... My period came about a week later and really heavy with cramps. It never happened before but I'm assuming it was the beach water that ruined my menstrual cycle...
    MyBabyScar

Comment by MyBabyScar (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It may have been due to the increase of activity while you were swimming. Water isnt going to make your period not come...but extra activity/excercise will. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thx every1!
    MyBabyScar

Comment by MyBabyScar (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010