Avon Ladies?

Any Avon Ladies, Offering Sign ups for free. I noticed about a month ago, another lady on her was offering signs to sell Avon for no charge. I would like to sign up to sell avon, but I do not have any additional money to put down at this time. If Avon is offering this, Please PM me. Thanks! BTW I live in Indiana, if that matters.

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, I could sign you up under me for free, just by agreeing to pay the $10 sign up for you. That's all it is- $10. And anyone could agree to do that if they wanted to. If you're interested, just PM me :)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 4:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Where at in Indiana?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Also... FYI... It's against Avon's policy to sign anyone up for "free." It's only $10. Why risk either you losing the opportunity to sell in the future or the person signing you up losing the opportunity to continue selling? It's not worth it......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 10.00 dollars is not to bad, I heard it was 20.00 when its not in your area. But how would I go about paying you if I decided I could get 10.00 together for Avon. I dont feel comfortable giving my Card Number, is there another method to paying to a person not in your area. Pay pal?
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Comment by HANNAHSMOMMY25 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• when you go through a rep it is only $10 I signed up online it was $20 I dont do it anymore though
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Unless you already have an established relationship with someone outside of your area, I recommend signing up locally. If you are currently buying Avon from someone, talk to them about becoming a rep. You can also sign up on www.Avon.com. It's not really signing up as much as it is asking for more info. A District Manager or someone appointed by them will contact you to schedule an appointment. He or she will meet with you (and possibly others) to go over how everything works. If you like what you hear, you sign your paperwork, pay $10, and leave with your info, bag, brochures, and samples. You will be given access to Avon's site for reps where you will find online training, news, discussion forums, etc.
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 5:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• OneBlessedWife has a better plan :) I'd be happy to do it for you, but you really are better off with a rep in your area.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 7:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• And, just like any direct selling business, there are more costs involved besides just the initial start up fee. Every business costs something, even if it's a "hidden" cost. You will have to pay for gas to deliver the products. You will also have to pay for books, bags, samples, etc. There is an order fee with every order, etc. Just do your homework before signing up for any direct selling business.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosmeticsdatabase.com
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• As PP said you really should do your HW first. If your heart is in AVON then that is great, if it is just simply b/c of the cost of start up..I would really think..I have a good friend and she makes about 3-700 a month with AVON However, I know she works her tail off steadily to do so...COnstant orders, deliveries, catalogs, etc.
    Every Home Based Business has fees, monthly, quotas whatever...The objective..UNLESS YOU'RE DOING IT FOR FUN...is to find something that you are going to turn that "I have no money to put down fear" around into a GOOD profit.
    Often what you put into something is what you get out..>For example I started by biz 9 mos ago for 100.00 but I have made 10K since! I pay ZERO for advertising, and make 1,500-2K a month when my membership is only 20.00 My Commissions a month are 80 Times my monthly.

TOTALLY worth the risk
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010