Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

does anyone know of a career (job) that i could go to school for at a community college

that is a one year program... all the programs seem to be 2yrs.. unless i wanted to go to a private school.. and i dnt have the money for that....thank u!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (10)
  • I would research some online schools and local colleges.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • I think EMT but I am not sure... most private trade/ technical schools have a ton of financial aid options thought.

    Answer by twinmama2009 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • Go to your local community college website and look for certificate programs rather than degree programs. Those are the ones that tend to be only 1 year.

    Answer by emhain at 4:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • You could try to go the max amt of time add 1 class to each semester and go to summer school! Other than that two years is pretty could get certificates and take a few business classes if you wanna go that route!?

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • Medical Billing & Processing. I am pretty sure it only takes one year (Sept~June) to complete the course and be certified. This program is offered at my local community college and the local vocational/trade schools. It is also Pell Grant eligible.

    Answer by WoodWitch at 4:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • DO NOT go to college for anything you're not passionate about. It's a waste of money and time.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • If you are going to go to school, you may as well do it right. There are a ton of associates degrees or certificates you can earn in two years. Trust me, going one extra year than you were hoping will really mae a difference! You could go for physical therapy assistant or cna. Also, if you like kids, you could always go take some education classes and work at a preschool or day care (most preschools in my area require 60 credit hours with related courses as a prerequisite). There are also real estate classes you could take.

    Answer by Morgs7531642 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • Are you trying to get a degree? IIf so you have to go two years there is no way around that. Check out the community colleges near you to see what Associates Degree they offer and which ones you might be interested in. Do not go for something that you are not interested in! Also have you filled out your FASFA? It tells you what your estimated cost will be and if you are eligible for any grants. You may be able to get your education fully funded.

    Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • I wouldn't go to school for something just because it's the quickest to get, lol...

    Answer by haydsmom2007 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

  • Nursing
    Computer programming and networking
    and so on...

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.