1st birthday..extremely important

Ok, my sons first bday party is coming up. There are 43 definate people coming, and maybe 48. My question is.. how many piece of chicken should i order? You can only order 50, 58 or 60.I want enough so that if someone wants 2 pieces they can, but i dont want to over do it(the MIL is buying) also, we are having hambarbaques, hot dogs, mac & pot salad, chicken, and a veggie tray. Is that enough food and a good assortment or should i add rigatoni(there are way more adults than children) Now, should i buy 2 liters of pop or cans of pop? I dont have a way to keep the cans cool if i do cans, I cant seem to find those big bucket things anywhere. I could get a cooler with ice if i do the 2 liters right? (Ive never thrown a party before) I need some help. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whatever you do don't over think it! Just do what you think will work. If you stress over the little stuff now than youll stress during the party over all of this and you'll miss out on the fun of the first birthday. You'll regret that!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks for the answer, but i need to know what you think, i need an answer.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you have enough food, even without the chicken. So I would go for the lesser amount, just in case. Also...do bottles, and plastic cups. I usually do cans and end up with half empty ones everywhere. I would also reccomend juice boxes for the kids.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 12:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would rather have too much than too little. So go with the 60 on the chicken and you have plenty of other stuff. Also, if there are going to be alot of little ones than make sure you have some little finger foods for them too! Get the cans of soda but get the smaller cans (the ones that are half the size of the normal size ones). Alot of people won't drink all of it and after the party you'll find tons of half full cans layng around. You can also get a variety of those and put alot of those in a cooler full of ice.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008