Do you really like to receive home-made gifts from other people?

Or do you smile, thank them, and put it away as soon as they leave your house?

Strssdmom72

Asked by Strssdmom72 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes...I think it is very personal...I love them !!
    roseisme

Answer by roseisme at 8:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I appreciate any homemade gift by an adult if it is well made, especially food items! Those save me time and disappear! I have never received something I didn't like but I dont' receive many either.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I absolutely love homemade gifts! I think that it means that the person took time out of their day to really sit down and think about me and what I would like, and then even more time to actually make the gift. No matter what it is, any gift that's from the heart is just lovely.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I prefer homemade gifts over store bought, it is more personal and more thought out. Very much more appriciated in my book.
    buisymao3

Answer by buisymao3 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I love them!!! When my son was born my mom helped my little brother knit him a hat. My mom passed away a few months ago and it's really cool having something like that for him!! So when he gets older I can tell him "grandma and uncle mikey made that just for u"!!!
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No not really!! I prefer someone to give me a gift with a gift receipt that way I can return or exchange it for something I don't like it.
    qt_pie

Answer by qt_pie at 9:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If it is something that had thought to it, yes, I love it. My grandmother on the other hand gives us useless handmade stuff that just builds up and takes up space.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have unfortunetly been on the giving end of some of these unwanted "homemade" gifts. I think it is best to think about the person that you are giving the gift to. Some people love the thought that it takes to make a gift and some people consider "home made" gifts a cheap choice or tacky. Guess ya just have to know the person well enough to get them what they like and enjoy. I personally love homemade gifts!!! ..most of the time. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I love getting homemade items.
    Aleecia

Answer by Aleecia at 10:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Only from my mom and best friend. They're really good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008