Do you really like to receive home-made gifts from other people?

Or do you smile, thank them, and put it away as soon as they leave your house?

Asked by Strssdmom72 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes...I think it is very personal...I love them !!

Answer by roseisme at 8:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I appreciate any homemade gift by an adult if it is well made, especially food items! Those save me time and disappear! I have never received something I didn't like but I dont' receive many either.

Answer by manna1qd at 8:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I absolutely love homemade gifts! I think that it means that the person took time out of their day to really sit down and think about me and what I would like, and then even more time to actually make the gift. No matter what it is, any gift that's from the heart is just lovely.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I prefer homemade gifts over store bought, it is more personal and more thought out. Very much more appriciated in my book.

Answer by buisymao3 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I love them!!! When my son was born my mom helped my little brother knit him a hat. My mom passed away a few months ago and it's really cool having something like that for him!! So when he gets older I can tell him "grandma and uncle mikey made that just for u"!!!

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No not really!! I prefer someone to give me a gift with a gift receipt that way I can return or exchange it for something I don't like it.

Answer by qt_pie at 9:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If it is something that had thought to it, yes, I love it. My grandmother on the other hand gives us useless handmade stuff that just builds up and takes up space.

Answer by adove01 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have unfortunetly been on the giving end of some of these unwanted "homemade" gifts. I think it is best to think about the person that you are giving the gift to. Some people love the thought that it takes to make a gift and some people consider "home made" gifts a cheap choice or tacky. Guess ya just have to know the person well enough to get them what they like and enjoy. I personally love homemade gifts!!! ..most of the time. LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I love getting homemade items.

Answer by Aleecia at 10:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Only from my mom and best friend. They're really good.

Answer by Pnukey at 12:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008