Is vitamin shoppe's brand just as good quality as nature's way or other good brands of vitamins?

I use Nature's Way brand of vitamin D3 2000 IU and normally I buy them directly from the vitamin shoppe's web site , but I am going out of town and don't have time to wait for them to come in the mail. I need to get them tomorrow.. I called the local store and they don't carry them in the store but the person I talked too said that vitamin shoppe's brand is also of good quality.. I am wondering if this is true? Does any one use or have used their name brand for vitamins/suppliments .. were they as good as what you normally use.. I don't want to waste my money on crappy vitamins .... not all brand are created equal.

munchkinaplenty

Asked by munchkinaplenty at 4:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes they are both good quality.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Stores own brand of vitamins and over the counter medications are just as good as brand names.  The only reason they are cheaper is because you aren't paying for the brand name.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• beeky I agree as far medications but in the vitamin world that is not true. not vitmins are good quality vitamins and some do more more harm than good depening on the sorce ti comes from. there are big differences in vitamins you get at the grocery store and ones you get from health food stores
    munchkinaplenty

Comment by munchkinaplenty (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• How would you ever know? Vitamins are not regulated, so we have to rely on the companies making them to be honest about whether they contain what the label states and whether there are any contaminants in them. You can't really go by another person's experience because they can vary from bottle to bottle.
    barefootbooks

Answer by barefootbooks at 7:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010