What's your opinion on Mtv's Sixteen and Pregnant?

UGH! I can't stand the show, my daughter is always watching it, and I'm always like why dont you watch Spongebob or somthing! LOL. If you like drama you will love the it Sixteen and Pregnant, the teen moms make is look alot easier on t.v being a mom then in real life when half the ladies are never home leaving the grandmas up to babysitting, have no job or finnished highschool, and have no plans of attending collage, or they are dropouts! how do they do it???? Is it the money from the show there living of for a short wile or what, and why are the mom taking all the responsiblity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love that show but i do see they make it look not so hard
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it's a pretty trashy show.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Im not a huge fan at all.

BUT I have a 15 yr old daughter and the rule was that she watched it with me.... at least in the begining. We had some GREAT conversations out of the whole thing. My dd is pretty drama free and thought that the majority of the girls behavedVERY poorly. The only girl who impressed her was the one who gave her child up for adoption.  My daughter went on and on how proud she was of that girl and how mature she acted in comparison to so many of the others.

I dont like the show... but it helped me have some GREAT talks with my child.  And helpedme drive home a lesson.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think they do a pretty good job of displaying the hardships. If you are waching bits and pieces of the show, I can completely understand why you may say that. If you were to sit down and watch the whole series (more so teen mom than 16 and pregnant), you will see all the girls have a lot of issues! It shows failed relationships, child support issues, other money issues, family problems,ect.... Plus, you have to remember, this show is for entertainment purposes as opposed to informational/educational.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2010