Can i give my 18 month old honey? or is the age limit 2 not 1??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• as far as I know it's 1 not 2. I give my 18mo old honey
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The age is 1. I still haven't given my 20 month old straight honey, but he's had honey in things.

Answer by missanc at 5:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My son's doctor said that he could have honey after 1.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Age 1. My 2 year old regularly eats peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Honey is actually really good for you. Full of antioxidants and has some natural anti bacterial properties as well...helps ward off infection.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It's 1. I've given my 16 month old local honey, and she's had no reaction. I don't give it to her all the time though ... I wouldn't even say once a week, maybe once or twice a month and in small dosages.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• 1 yr - - I've heard 2 from a very small handful of people, but most agree that 1 is fine.

Redmoonintexas: Honey isn't delayed for allergic reactions, it's because it carries a strain of bacteria that can cause infant botulism in babies. Don't worry about giving it in small doses and looking for reactions - - once a child is old enough, the bacteria found won't hurt them and it's not a problem :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• She loved it!!!

I made organic peanutbutter & Honey sandwich for her on whole grain bread. she loved it so much!! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• honey is fine, but I personally wouldn't do peanut butter for that age. I have read no peanuts before 2 and some say 3. We do sunbutter(made from sunflower seeds).
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010