Why does this Republican have to apologize?

Okay, in spite of what many members here think of me, I do admit my mistakes when I occasionally make them (sarcasm... ask my husband, I'm pretty much a walking hazard). I just had to admit my hasty judgment of Obama's mention of "57 states."
After watching the video of his misspeak, I realize he meant to say "47". He said he'd been to 57 states with one more to go, except Alaska and Hawaii. Obviously 57+1+1+1=60, but I'm sure he meant 47, in which case 47+1+1+1=50.
And that's why this Republican must apologize. Sorry to all the Obama Mamas. Happy debating, ladies. -Mona

sgalsmommy

Asked by sgalsmommy at 11:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm laughing at the way you phrased this. However, I do want to say (let me preface with I don't know who I'm voting for yet) that I applaud your level of maturity. Most of the political posts lately have just been nasty. I think it's great that you've come to the conclusion that you made a mistake, and are willing to admit it. Very nice example to set!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I wish more people would be mature enough to admit their mistakes!
    r2momma

Answer by r2momma at 2:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008