WHAT SHOULD I DO?

My daughter daycare called me abd said that she has two scratches on her cheeks. The supervisor explain to me that both scratches come from 2 different incident by the same child. She also informed me that the lil boy was suspended. Here is the issue....My daughter is going to visit her father for week and he will be asking all kinds of question. Should I tell the daycare to inform him as well or just let him see them on his own?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would just make a copy of the incident report and give it to her father if he that anal about things
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with the pp.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 5:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yeap, get the school to call would be even better.

Answer by older at 5:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Beat him to the punch. Offer the phone number so he can personally talk to the supervisor himself. Do it right away so it seems like you have nothing to hide.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would have the school call him, just to avoid any questioning from him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would tell him about it over the phone and when he gets her for the visit...give him a copy of the incident report.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes, I agree. Give him the phone number and incident report.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'd ask the preschool to call her father and explain to him as they did to you about the scratches. And if they sent home a report on what happened I'd give him a copy of that as well. Hope she is OK.
    tyra618

Answer by tyra618 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think having the school call him instead of you yourself might make him think you have something to hide. I would call and offer a copy of the report.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Avoid the drama, and you tell him before she goes with him. This way, he will get the picture from when it first happened. I don't know why you wouldn't tell him immediately anyway. You are just going to heighten the situation if you wait and see what is going to happen after he sees her. You inform him as a parent and then explain what the school has done to rectify the situation. On another note- you both need to talk to your daughter about how when anyone like that gets too close to her body that she is the owner of her body and if she doesn't want someone like that on her- over her, what have you to say in a loud firm voice" Step back please"! or "You are too close to me"! or whatever she can say that will get the message across. My 4 year old had a similar problem where this kid in her class had no idea of personal space- he would literally be hanging all over her. She told him "Not too Close"! it really works.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 5:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010