what it considered a normal period?

I use to be very regular until I had my now 2.5 year old. I use to be 28 days to the day and I would start in the morning. I also could tell you I was going to start on a certain day and would and would last 5 days straight and only the first 2 days were heavy, but now since I had my DD 2.5 years ago I have heavy periods for the time. My periods are anywhere from 4-5 days now. I start anywhere from 21-31 days now. Like this time I started at 27 days. last month was at 30 days. I also will have a period anywhere from 4 days to 5 days and I start anywhere from in the morning or in the afternoon or even the evening. Is this still normal periods? I do have a period every month.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• Well everyone has their own definition of "normal" and I hate defining things as normal or not. Do you have regular periods? Yes because you do get them about once a month. Someone who is irregular could go months without and then have 2 or 3 and then months without again. The only time I got periods the way you described before your baby is while on birth control. While off birth control I have always been closer to what you have now.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• yep close enough! they should be 4-7 days long and the heavy or lightness doesnt matter i dont think! if u want it more regular try birth control!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010