Do you tell your significant other?

You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell
him/her?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 5:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Why in the hell would someone tell their DH / SO something like that unless they had been?!
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I couldn't see myself every being unfaithful to my SO but if I were i think eventually i would tell the guilt would get to be to much...
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 5:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would never be unfaithful, but if i was the person who cheated i would come clean because i would want the same in return.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would not simply act upon a whim. If I were truly serious about wanting/needing to be with someone else, this would be discussed before it actually happened.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well personally for me that depends on how long ago it happened and what the situation was that drove you to be unfaithful? I personally have never cheated, but I have been cheated on MANY times and I would have preferred they tell me right away so I could have walked away then instead of me finding them in bed etc months later. If it was simply a one time thing then I would probably not tell, but if it was due to issues in your relationship etc then by telling you might get those issues addressed.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Cheating is cowardly I would leave before it came to that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would leave before the act...but if for some reason I acted on my urges I would tell immediately. Definitely before anything sexual went on between DH and I.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I believe in 100% open and honest marriage/relationships. If I were to be with someone else I would without doubt tell him and I am sure he would do the same. However, I don't consider it "cheating" if you are open about it... Just "extra."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't know.  Neither of us has been unfaithful.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes I think I would...
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010