• In the Spotlight:

Congress to extend jobless benefits, but employment crisis continues

Link text

They just don't get it. There will be no recovery as long as Obama is in office unless he moves to the middle. Even if he did I don't know if Businesses would trust him.
What's your take on why unemployment remains high?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, when the small business owner doesn't know how the HCR bill will affect his/her business, how much taxes are going to go up, and things of that sort, it doesn't make sense to hire more people. Once the owner has an idea of how much it is going to cost to hire new people, it will more than likely turn out that they cannot afford to keep the ones they already have, let alone hire more!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• With the uproar in China, Mexico and India of the people starting to demand better wages we will soon reach the point where it will no longer be cost effective to ship jobs over seas.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My DH has been laid off since November... He has put in literally thousands of applications... The FEW that call him back aren't willing to hire him because he's in recovery - even though he can pass a drug test and is always up front about it. What it comes down to is there are so many people out there looking yet that employers don't NEED to hire people with issues in their past, which is a great many of those on unemployment. Anyone who has had a checkered past with jobs, education, health or the criminal history is going to be passed over easily for those who are simply looking to "trade up" for a better job. I know a number of people who have been promoted or moved around at work so that their boss didn't have to hire new people... Then there is the simple fact that companies are STILL shipping jobs overseas - which is why my DH is laid off...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If we would stop outsourcing we would have more jobs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with Carpy. It should get interesting then, because the cost of goods will go up dramatically.

If the Bozo in Charge really wanted to create jobs he would give small businesses some big tax breaks.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If the Bozo in Charge really wanted to create jobs he would give small businesses some big tax breaks

Yep...but it's only going to get worse on small business when the health care crap kicks in.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well ladies, If Obama would stop with the taxes these companies would not be choosing to go where they can make money.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina and Carpy.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

OK yeah taxes are high, but that is to make up for lack of revenue. Which would pick up if there were more jobs. Hence legalize out sourcing. I'm the first one to say Obama sucks but can't on that sorry. It's the out sourcing not the taxes.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I can see unemployemnt rising to 50%
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2010