My 12 year old still wets the bed......

What I have tried....
1. waking her at the same time, to go the restroom.
2.stopping all drinking at an hour and two and three hours before bed.
3. conversation about adult diapers.
4. plastic sheets, which does not save on the cloth sheets.
5. A while back a go goodnights.
6. medication from the pediatrician.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take her to a urologist! There might be physical problems like an abnormally small bladder.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There are three people in my life that have had long term bed wetting problems. Two of them are now adults. What the problem is most likely ...she goes into SUCH a deep sleep that she does not wake up and on top of it has a very small bladder. What worked for two of the three people. It took the two to be married and to be embarrised and Yelled that it better not happen again. (NO it wasn't me) so its to an extent a maturity issue because it stopped for the two of them. The two adults still have to use the bathroom frequently because of a smaller bladder but they will wake themselves up because it was a subconcious decision they were making that they did not know they were making to not wake up and pee the bed. The third person stopped by stopping ALL caffeine, pop, iced tea etc..since caffeine makes you have to go.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Have you tried the nasal mist? My nephew used this and it helped immensely.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We had this issue but it turned out my son was having seizures. On the right meds and voila, No wetting!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Ours does very rarely now. But the pediatrician said it would stop after her menstrual cycle gets regular. Shouldn't be long now (she's 12.5). She took desmopressin for about a year. That works wonders, ask your pediatrician.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 7:29 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Hi i no a girl on my street she was 11 or so and still wet bed and she told me there are like pull ups for biger kids to use ... May be you could use them at home at night time ... I hope this help you ...

Mom Michelle
    Countrygirl30fl

Answer by Countrygirl30fl at 11:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would take her to the doc.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010