Does anyone know anything about Osteoporosis?

If you have osteoporosis bones can they mend? I have had this problem all my life and I am scared for I alway thought this was an old persons illness! If you have information I hope the bones can heal and also be made to lengthen? I am concerned and hope to add height to my spinal column because I am told it has shrunken. Can it grow once it shrunk? All the Drs are doing for me is giving me pain medication. Bones I undersatnd have less density and are deformed . I also prefer doing everything holistically. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get your bones strong again? I hope someone can help me with this subject. Am desperately seeking to heal my bones. I could not get what I needed is .Used to take Comfrey, but they took it off the market. Its why I am in this predicament. I wasn't able to digest milk is why I am in this predicament. I have not been able to get Comfrey which healed my bone.

emmidr

Asked by emmidr at 5:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• There are many treatment options for osteoporosis - read this web page from the Mayo Clinic - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/osteoporosis/DS00128/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Medications can help strengthen your bones some. But I don't think there is any med to lengthen bones. Ask your Dr. again and explain you'd like to know about mediactions to help. There are several and widely used these days by millions of women.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You also need to do weight bearing exercises to strengthen your bones. But in your case, I would do that under the supervision of a doctor or personal trainer familiar with that type of issue.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Osteoporosis can be prevented by proper diet, exercise and calcium. There are calcium supplements that are available if you are lactose intolerant. Some people who have osteoporiss have opted to go through a hip replacement to replace their diseased joint.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2012