I'm 43 and a little bit chubby, what can I do to make myself more stylish

I'm working on losing weight already, but what else can I do? what are a few go to pieces that will make me look cute, but not like a person trying to MILF-it-up....just a gal who wants to be cute and stylish...I have trouble with my arches to standing on high heels has been a problem in the past, but I'd be willing to try it again for short periods of time.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Have you ever watched the show What Not to Wear? They give great tips on how to dress to make you look slimmer and more stylish. Here is a link to some clips from their shows: http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/what-not-to-wear/
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Go to JC Penneys makeup counter or maceys and have them do your color chart this will give you a fresh makeup or some suggestions.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• shop off of the window displays in the plus-size stores, or any store that you like their overall style/fashion. the best thing to remember about dressing your body is ALTERATIONS!! find a good tailor or seamstress who can put darts in your blouses/shirts where you need them, to accent a waist. wear wide belts. look for v-necks and pretty jewelry that can play up your better assets and keep the eye moving 'up'. don't taper your pants-it'll only make your hips/thighs/butt look larger. wear clothing that fits- too loose and you look dumpy, too tight and you'll show every bump/bulge you have! a little heel on the shoe goes a long way to making the look leaner, whether you're wearing a skirt or pants. a-line skirts, boot-cut jeans, wide (not obscenely wide, though)-legged pants will diminish the look of a bigger thigh. buy proper fitting bras/undies. take advantage of lycra/spandex,baby!
    hold you head high, and smile big!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would recommend watching what not to wear. I got a new hair do idea from them. They give out sensible sound advice. It really does not matter what size you are. I think dress for your best feature is a great idea. If you have a great neck play it up. Great legs play them up. I don't think you need to wear heels. There are so many cute flats. Go for some fun flirt-y shoes. Personally I totally want comfort so I stay in a certain style--when ever I try to go out of it I feel stupid and then never end up wearing that item.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2010