Who cares if gays want to marry?

Is it that big a deal? Did someone tell you not to marry your SO? Did you listen to them? What if the government wouldn't allow you to marry your SO?

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 6:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• are you asking who cares? busy body self righous homophobic religious BIGOTS
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm all for it. I am not a fan of marriage in the first place, but each person sees it differently. If they want to get married, why shouldn't they have the right? As a straight person you have the right to marry or just live together forever, why should they have any different choices just because the person they love is the same gender as they are? Just about everyone I know begged me not to marry my DH, they were all wrong... But we got married purely for legal/medical reasons and had we not been able to marry legally I would have simply filed the paperwork to give him the power to make my choices if something had happened... Knowing now that nothing happened, I honestly would not have married when and how we did, if I could go back...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I really don't care who wants to marry, I am happy for whoever finds love.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think it is a great thing. DH and I only married for tax purposes, so why shouldn't everybody be able to do that?
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with sati769leigh 100%

Somehow 'marriage' became a religious thing (which I have no idea how this happened) and now religious people think they have the right to interfere in other people's lives.

God had no part of my marriage nor did it have any part of my cousin's marriage (who happens to be gay). So I'm at a loss as to why religious people are so against this...

And when I say 'religious people' of course I am not talking about everyone whom is religious; I'm talking about the bigots that are against what two grown adults do in their own house.
    crazedaffe

Answer by crazedaffe at 6:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This is a well worded question. I think people need to stop and think about it too. What if the government told them they could not marry a person they loved? Love is love, I think it is wonderful when anyone finds their life mate
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was told not to marry who I did. I did it any way. Love is love. Live and let live.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The best and most fun weddings I have been too have been between same sex couples! No one has the right to tell two consenting adults who the can and can not marry (outside of their immediate family--just thought I would make that point now).
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• O.M.G HERE WE GO ABOUT THE GAYS AGIAN !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 6:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I fully support gay marriage, but I'm getting really tired of seeing the same question day after day.

People either support it or they don't. Nothing has changed since yesterday.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010