Name your best way to lose pregnancy weight!

I'm still carrying some weight in my belly and arms that I would like to shed. I have Wii Fit but haven't used that in a week. I don't feel motivated, so we canceled our gym membership.

I want it to be fun and not monotonous. Anything you've tried and has worked?

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 6:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I just didn't gain much weight while I was pregnant. I only gained 14 lbs so didn't have anything to lose. Sorry I am not much help.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I walk and try to eat right.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Oy, I was 135 and shot up to 195.. After I had the baby I went down to 170. After buying a stationary bike, and riding it while watching television in our bedroom, I am now 157. Still trying to lose those last 20lbs. I have heard of a pill called adipex but I havent tried it.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 6:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Breastfeeding!!!! I gained 40# with DS. He is now 4 months old and I have lost 50# from the day I had him. I walk every now and then but other then that I do nothing special!
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 6:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Take your new baby out for a walk and show em off! That'll help.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Deffinately breastfeeding. It's also the only safe food for babies so why not?
    karina400

Answer by karina400 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• eat more whole grains, if you want a smack go for the triscuts instead of that snickers, and jumping rope and running.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• eat 6 small meals and working out at home. It is easier then going to the gym. Buy you some DVDs or a treadmill but DVDs are more fun and motivating.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 7:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• diet wise:
    count calories. reduce calories. there are online calculators that will determine how many calories you need based on height/weight/activity level.
    you need a calorie deficit to lose.

eat protein in the morning, and have more fibre.

once you start losing #'s you'll feel more motivated.

when i started losing, i used wii fit.

i've lost 96 lbs through lifestyle dietary changes.

to lose the belly and arms, you have to lose body fat. you can't spot reduce.
    your body decides where to put it when you gain, and where it comes from when you lose.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010