Why are people using it do disagree?

I thought the vote down button was for answers that were not helpful?

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 6:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Because once CM conceded they have no way to police how people use the button, and several people basically challenged them to stop them from doing it, they took away point loss for non-anon vote downs instead of taking it out all together. It's been open season ever since.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• people will be petty. you cannot avoid it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• "Helpful" is very subjective.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i have voted some one down 2 times. (two diff questions 2 diff people) one was just being real rude and i thought it was uncalled for..and the other was for suggesting to another mother it was ok to do drugs. and that some drugs should be legalized. i probly shouldnt have voted that one down. but ya know having kids and thinking it is ok to do drugs is NOT OK in my book. and they should not be telling others it is ok. i said i would never use the vote down and well i did on those two occasions. i duno if i was right or wrong for doing it. but i thought both the answers were totally out of line. :(
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I only used it once but never again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Heck, I didn't even know you could bump a question down. Maybe I should spend more time on CafeMom:)
    KMAsMommy9182

Answer by KMAsMommy9182 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ObbyDobbie For example there is a question about if you think same sex marriage should be legal. That is a yes or no question so why the no's have down votes. From my understanding to many down votes and their answer collaspes. Well then what's the point of asking an opinion at that point.
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i'm still learning all this stuff myself. but you know people love to agrue no matter what.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You have to reach a certain level to unlock the option.
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Maybe they should change it so that it does not collaspe and you just see all of the down votes
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010